Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who remembers the ';Wasp bee & Snake'; belts?

Nearly all the nurses years ago had a waspee...and the boys used to wear and elastic striped belt with a snake buckle , sometimes with their school colours in the stripes.1950's,eBay are selling themWho remembers the ';Wasp bee %26amp; Snake'; belts?
Remember them vividly, those 4 or 5 inch Wasp belts, usually around drindle skirts (remember them?) of a shirt waister dress (remember them?) . You felt your waist had shruk about 6 inches just wearing one. When I think of myself and others in wasp belts it immediately brings to mind wearing these with high pony tails and where I lived anyway they were called Rock n' Roll socks, colours like shocking pink and vivid lime green almost blinding you, flat shoes and Can Can underskirts with umpteen layers which made your skirts stick way, way out........and lets not forget the transistor radio, biggest fashion accessory of all. Went on so much about the wasp belt that I almost forgot you also asked about the snake belts. I too remember as others have said mostly young boys wearing these. They were usually only about 1 inch and stripped round the way, red or green seemed to be the main colour in these.Who remembers the ';Wasp bee %26amp; Snake'; belts?
I remember those wasp bee belts.tight sweater,sticky out skirts,with petticoats underneath,high heels,plastic earrings,of many colours,lipstick that was common,yes,you bet.years later,we wore the belts,with nurses uniform.still got one now.mary.c.
Snake belts were great, very convenient and handy for all sorts of things, including tying between branches and using as a long range catapult
I remember snake belts,usually multi-coloured stripes going round,quite easy and convenient.
Was-pee belts are back. My granddaughter wears one. I remember snake belts.
Not I.


Hope somebody knows, because you have the curiosity stirred up now.
I remember snakeskin belts. Have no idea what a wasp or bee belt would look like.
i think she means a wasbee belt and the snake was the buckle
they were more secure than the cardboard leather ones they sell now.


enjoy the day
Yes, my younger brother had one, to try and hold up his pants. He is 55 in April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products