Friday, December 11, 2009

Bee allergy and the military?

does being alergic to bees count as a DQ for the army?





a friend and i are having an argument and i want to see who is correct. i say no.. he says yes.Bee allergy and the military?
Nope. Spent my career allergic to bees. Lost count of the number of times I was in the emergency room getting the benadryll mainlined into me. Darn things always seemed to seek me out. Still do. Two years ago in a matter of a 3 week period I was hit twice and off to that emergency room again. Insurance guys sure weren't happy.Bee allergy and the military?
No. I have a friend who has a serious allergy to certain foods and it didn't prevent him from serving. I imagine a bee allergy would be the same.
History of anaphylaxis due to venom, including bee stings, is disqualifying for entry into the armed forces.
Nope.
Ask at your local recruiting office.
lol I'm not sure either. I was in the military for 3 years and I know if you get a sunburn you can get into trouble, so the answer to your question I would guess yes.
When I enlisted in the Navy in 1986, bee sting allergies did disqualify a person for military service. I do not know if it changed since.
Nahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products